You’ve recognized the gaps in your smile in the mirror and are convinced there’s a solution. With several dental treatments offered in the dental industry, knowing what works best for your self-confidence, accessibility, and wallet, is your next step. Dental implants are at the top of the smile restorative heap. With natural-looking dental implants you’ll no longer have to accept a lifetime of embarrassment and inconvenience. Here’s how they can change your life:
- Find the fountain of youth for your smile. Your body is designed with teeth in mind. Your smile gets noticed immediately, and with a dental implant restoration to replace missing teeth, you’ll receive remarks on how much younger you look.
- Enjoy career and relationship success. A healthy smile is one of the first and most important things about a person on first impression. Hiding your smile due to low self-esteem can actually hinder your career and job promotion opportunities. When you are confident you smile more. Replacing missing teeth and addressing oral issues with dental implants can be the boost you need to take that next step in your relationships, career path, or greater financial success.
- Food choices. If you succumb to choosing foods that are easier to chew, rather than options that are healthier, your whole-body health may suffer. Diet choices have both short and long-term effects for your bones and muscles. One of the great benefits of dental implants is they act just like natural teeth, and with proper care and regular check-ups, will help you enjoy delicious and healthy meals for the rest of your life.
- Stop (and even reverse) Osteoporosis and bone loss. Chewing strengthens jawbones. The more teeth you have the better you can chew. Dental implants work to keep the surrounding teeth strong and healthy, thus slowing and stopping bone loss in adults.
- Improve your speech. Missing teeth can leave gaps in your mouth that may cause speech impediments. Dentures can be bulky or loose, leading to discomfort, slurred words, and embarrassment. Dental implants, on the other hand, stay secure and don’t take up additional space in the mouth, so you can speak naturally and freely.
The Dental Implant Process
The dental implant procedure involves two main stages separated by a minimum of 3-9 months of healing time.
- Dental implant surgery – This is the step where your dentist inserts a metal fastener into your jawbone. This implant is inside the jawbone and not visible. A titanium abutment is then attached onto it and it is the abutment that is visible. A temporary covering is placed on the abutment for aesthetic purposes.
- Implant restoration – It takes time for the implant to hold into place. This could range from 3-9 months, depending on your healing ability. Once the implant is firmly set inside the jawbone, the permanent crown is then attached to the abutment. The crown is custom-built of natural material that matches the surrounding teeth.
Both procedures are not complicated at all, yet it all depends on the patient’s physical condition and anatomy prior to the dental implant process. In some cases, your dentist may be able to restore the dental implants immediately after the placement surgery, which is on a patient by patient basis and healing ability.
Success with dental implants is very high and can make an enormous difference in your life. Dr. Martin and his dedicated team are committed to providing you with the smile transformation you deserve. Come and visit our office in W. Eric Martin, DDS, PC in Champaign, IL and let us help create a life change for your dental health!