Missing teeth are unhealthy for your mouth and can be embarrassing when you smile. The space left by lost teeth can be a breeding ground for bacteria. Teeth also have the tendency to shift position when gaps or spaces exist and remain unfilled for long. Teeth that are lost need to be replaced as soon as possible. The best way to replace them is with natural-looking and durable dental implants! Implants are currently viewed as the gold standard of teeth replacement procedures because they offer a wide range of benefits.
Here are the reasons why you should consider dental implants for the replacement of lost teeth.
• They osseointegrate, which means they become part of the bone, blending in naturally over time. Implants come in two parts: titanium screws and abutments. The titanium screws are placed into the jawbone, allowing them to undergo the natural process of osseointegration. Abutments are the prosthetic teeth attached to the screws once the process of osseointegration is complete. Osseointegration makes the implants very stable, offering patients a lifetime of complete smiles.
• Since implants stay secure within the jawbone, they look and feel very natural for your smile. They won’t feel at all like a foreign object in the mouth, just like how most patients react with dentures. It’s like growing new teeth again.
• Dental implants are easy to clean and manage. All you need to do is to clean and maintain your teeth as you normally would, with brushing and flossing.
• Implants are very durable and do not get easily damaged. In fact, implants can last for a lifetime especially when the patient maintains good oral hygiene.
• Implants can be used alongside other dental treatments like bridges, crowns, and dentures, making their functions very versatile.
• Since dental implants serve to complete your teeth, they are able to enhance your look, improve your speech, and help you in proper chewing. You also get self confidence as a result of having a complete set of teeth.
Dental Implants Complete Your Smile
Patients with dental implants are very happy with the results because dental implants are comfortable, durable, convenient, natural-looking, and long-lasting. Implants have changed the way people perceive teeth replacement procedures because of their unique benefits. They have beautifully transformed the smiles of many dental patients worldwide; lost teeth are not so much a great concern as how they were viewed in the past. Their greatest benefit is being able to mimic the exact functions of natural teeth.
Image Courtesy Pinterest