Are you looking for an alternative to metal braces?
Straightening the teeth can have a dramatic affect on the quality of your life. Feeling self-conscious about the way your smile looks can result in smiling less and having lower self-esteem. A mouth full of crooked teeth may impact your first impressions on others, as well. This could negatively affect your personal and professional lives, as many decisions people make are based on those first impressions of us. Many former orthodontia patients can attest to the fact that life with a beautiful, straight smile is better in many ways. Having orthodontic treatments can also affect the health of your teeth and oral structures in ways you may not have thought of. Making it easier to clean those teeth that may have been crowded can prevent decay and protects your gum health.
Traditional orthodontia has provided many patients with the straight teeth they desire, but for some, the commitment to years in metal braces is not a practical or desirable solution. The “metal-mouth” look of braces is not exactly part of a professional image. You may be embarrassed that you didn’t get your teeth straightened earlier in your life, or maybe you just don’t want to have to deal with the extra dental care and hygiene maintenance required. Fortunately, there are alternatives. Allow us to introduce the Clear Correct aligner system.
What is ClearCorrect?
ClearCorrect is a teeth straightening system that utilizes clear aligner technology to straighten teeth without brackets or wires. This treatment consists of a series of clear plastic removable aligners that are custom designed for your case. This technology is an improvement over traditional orthodontia in a number of ways.
- comfortable- the smooth plastic of the aligners does not irritate soft oral tissues
- time-saving-does not require adjustment appointments-progress is achieved by simply moving to the next aligner in the prescribed series.
- convenient-aligners are removed for eating, so food choices are unrestricted. Brushing and flossing are also easy, no special techniques or tools are required.
- invisible-this may be the thing that patients are most excited about. You can straighten your teeth without drawing attention to the process.
How Does It Work?
If you are interested in clear aligners, first you will need to have a consultation with one of our dentists. At this consultation, you’ll be evaluated for the procedure and talk about your misalignment problems as well as your goals for your smile. Like any medical or dental procedure, clear aligners are not right for everyone. If you’re found to be a good candidate for the process, we will begin. The first steps are the taking of impression molds, photos and x-rays.ClearCorrect laboratory technicians will work with us to create your series of custom aligners.
Each aligner is worn for approximately two weeks before moving to the next one in the sequence. This may vary from patient to patient throughout the treatment, depending on your personal progress. Treatment time is comparable to that of traditional braces.
What Can It Do?
Invisible orthodontia is appropriate for a wide variety of situations and conditions that may make you unhappy with your smile. Straighter teeth look better and work better, too. Orthodontic treatment can protect your teeth from wearing down unevenly due to malocclusions. can improve bite function, protect teeth from decay caused by overcrowding, and make it easier to maintain proper hygiene.
How do I care for my aligners?
When you receive your set of aligners, your dentist will explain their use and care. Most patients are prescribed to wear each aligner for about 22 hours a day, taking them out only to eat and brush the teeth. Here are some tips that you might find helpful:
- Always use the provided aligner case when you remove your aligner for meals. One very common problem we encounter with patients is aligners that were accidentally tossed in the trash because they were not properly stored during meals.
- Use approved cleaning products for your aligners. Some products can stain aligners and should be avoided.
- Use your aligners as prescribed. Using them for less time than prescribed each day can prolong your treatment time.
- Don’t throw your aligners away when you have used them for the allotted time. Save them in case there is some reason you need to use one again. While we do the best we can to predict your progress, sometimes an aligner may be required again later in order to reach your goals.
. If you think the ClearCorrect clear aligner straightening system is for you, call us at (217) 355-9997 and schedule a consultation with us today. We look forward to helping you meet your smile goals in style.